Sunday, June 17, 2012

Quilt Shop Blog


I used to blog a lot about my personal quilting and sewing projects, customer quilts and sometimes just life in general.  Well life suddenly got very busy when we purchased the Olde Towne Stitchery fabric and quilt shop in Leonardtown, Maryland on April 27th and reopened for business on May 1st.  After that there was not enough time in the day to keep up on my own blogging. 

Now that things are settled down a slight bit I thought starting a blog for the shop would be a great idea.  We can share information on new fabrics, patterns and notions arriving at the shop.  Information on upcoming classes, specials, tips and techniques or anything else we can think of that might be of interest. 

I would love to have people that take a class send me a picture of their finished project and we can also show some of those here. 

A few days ago we finalized our summer class listing and everything, including pictures of lots of the class projects, are available on our website at www.oldetownestitchery.com .  I think there is something there for everyone that might want to take a class from bags, to quilts, to table runners to a case for your kindle or nook.   Time permitting I hope to sit in on a few of these classes myself. 

Kathie


3 comments:

  1. I love to see what's going on at the store. I've not taken any classes, but the what's new in fabric may have me coming in more often...Like I need to do that, Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Kathie, missed seeing your blog. Maybe now you can display a few of your things and share them with everyone. I will be leaving San Diego on Tuesday and heading to Tampa for a week. Look forward to reading your blog. See you at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put an announcement on your personal blog leading us to this blog. I've set this as one of my favorites...looking forward to see what's going on at Olde Towne Stitchery. Sandi

    ReplyDelete