Sunday, July 29, 2012

Hershey Quilt Show

Yesterday Jane and I went to the Hershey quilt show with a bus of local quilters from the Patuxent River Quilter's Guild and Quilters by the Bay and had a wonderful time.  As a shop owner now I definitely looked at things differently than in past years.  This year I was looking at vendors to get a look at patterns and books that I might like to carry in the shop, what is new in the market in notiions and how items are displayed. 

As usual there were many wonderful quilts to see.  I took pictures of my favorite five quilts and will share those with you if you didn't have the chance to see the show. 


This first quilt was the big award winner, the workmanship was wonderful.


You can't tell from this picture but there were many crystals and metallic thread on this quilt, I do love bling on a quilt!

When I came up on this quilt I probably stood there with my mouth open for awhile, I know I definitely said WOW more than once.  Everything about the quilt was so precise and since purple is my favorite color by far I was definitely drawn to all the purples and pinks in this one. 

I will download the rest of my pictures and hope to post those in the next day or two. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you had a great time at the show, so unhappy that I wasn't able to go. The quilts that you have displayed are really nice. How did Norma do???? Look forward to hearing all about the show...

    ReplyDelete